Sunday, April 12, 2009

Interesting Idol

I know American Idol is a very popular reality television show and I have barely even touched on it at all in my blogs. I really enjoy watching the show, but for some reason I have always had a hard time keeping up with it. I think this is mostly due to the channel it is on. It’s not one of my most watched. But this week I will blog about what I have seen and some interesting things about the show that I have researched.

A very liked and favored contestant, Scott MacIntyre , has recently been voted off. Those of you that watch the show already know that he is legally blind. He was voted off by a split decision on the judges part. Paula Abdul and Kara DioGuardio were in favor of keeping him on the show, but the other two judges said no, and gave him the boot.

"I was actually very thrilled to know that it was a split decision between the four judges, and that was something very nice for me to walk away with knowing that the decision was split, it wasn't unanimous," MacIntyre says after finding out he was eliminated. The elimination also made it easier for him when he was told that the cold hearted Simon Cowells vote was not an easy one for him to make.

In the end, he was happy with receiving eighth place on American Idol.

The finalist group of contestants is way different than past groups. They seem to be the only group that laughed and joked just minutes before going out to perform, while past groups were silent and serious before their performances. This group is all about having a fun atmosphere.

You can tune into the final episodes on Fox.

2 comments:

  1. I have also watch American Idol a few times and enjoyed it but never ended up following it.It is a good and bad thing their votes were split for the blind guy. Did they just not say yes because he was blind? If so, that's ridiculous. They shouldn't be able to do that. And since the other two said yes, he obviously must have been decent at singing, so pretty sure they shouldn't be able to say no because he was blind! Just a little bit of what I think!haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you when you say that you enjoy watching American Idol but you fall behind with what’s going on with it! I do that every season. I find myself getting really involved with it, especially in the beginning during the auditions. I think it’s kind of funny to watch people humiliate themselves I guess! I also liked Scott MacIntyre, it is a real inspiration to see someone that is blind going for their dreams.

    ReplyDelete